A cosy cottage situated in a beautiful location.
Lochview Cottage is a traditional stone 3 bedroom cottage with beautiful panoramic views including a front view onto a sea inlet loch. There are facilities for disabled wheelchair access, sliding doors, ground floor bedroom and other extra shower-room facilities. It is only a 5 minute walk to the seashore on a quiet farm lane.
- Lounge with electric fire
- Large shower room with grab bars, shower chair and extra raised loo seat available
- 3 twin bedrooms with bedding and towels provided
- Electric total control central heating – included in price
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Electric cooker
- Slow cooker
- Microwave, toaster, coffee maker and kettle
- Iron & ironing-board
- Travel cot with mattress & baby high chair
- Spotter scope
- Books, games and videos
- TV, DVD, video player and radio/CD player
- Large enclosed grounds with parking
- Decked area with garden table & chairs
- Welcome basket of fresh local produce
- Small garden storage shed
An abundance of bird and wildlife are regularly sited from the cottage: otters, red deer, eagles, buzzards, swans, geese and much more. The telescope provided is great for star gazing and wildlife watching. Trout and salmon fishing permits can be arranged through Lochmaddy Hotel or North Uist Estate Office and there is pony trecking in Balivanich on the neighbouring island of Benbecula. A rich history is to be found throughout the islands with archaeological sites, museums and local crafts.
Langass Lodge (approximately 5 miles), Lochmaddy Hotel and Temple View (Carinish) are a few of a number of good restaurants that specialise in local seasonal produce. Superb shellfish; prawns, crab, lobster and scallops, can be purchased from Grimsay Island where boat trips are also available.
Children and house-trained pets are welcome, but not on the furniture please.