The following document is to ensure that you the customer and the owner have a clear understanding of the terms involved when renting Lochview Cottage.
Reservations of this property are accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions of Renting.
1. Contract. The Contract of Hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property owners. By signing the booking form you agree that you are over 21 years of age and that you accept full responsibility for all payments due and for the consequences and actions of all persons who will use the property during your holiday. The Hirer shall have the right to occupy and use Annan together with its gardens for the agreed period. Please bear in mind that you are responsible for your children’s safety whilst at Lochview Cottage.
2. Rental. The listed tariff is based on a maximum of 6 adults. We do not accept non family single sex groups of 4 or more (phone for clarification)… We welcome well behaved children.
3. Sleeping Capacity. The maximum number of people staying in the property is 6 and a baby; additional persons cannot be accommodated.
4. Provisional Bookings. Upon receipt of your enquiry by email or telephone, Lochview can be provisionally booked and will be so indicated on the ‘availability’ web page in the Roomfinder Scotland Site.
5. Payments. Bookings made within 4 weeks of your holiday date must be paid for in full and in advance of occupation of the property. For a booking made more than 4 weeks before your holiday starts the owner requires a deposit of 20% of the total rent. This deposit is none refundable.
6. Balance. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent 4 weeks before the period of letting.
7. All equipment, utensils etc. should be left in a clean condition at the end of the stay and the accommodation left in the same state of order and cleanliness as it was found. Any shortcomings, damage or missing items should be reported on arrival. Should any damage or breakage occur during your stay, you will be held responsible and may be charged for the replacement.
8. Availability. In the unlikely event that the property is not available through events beyond the control of the owner, then they may be forced to cancel the booking. The hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible, and will be refunded all monies paid, in full, with the Hirer having no further claim against the owner.
9. Occupation times. Tenancies commence after 4 pm (unless otherwise agreed), on the commencement date of the tenancy and terminate at 11 am on the leaving date. This is to ensure that the house can be properly cleaned and prepared.
10. Access. The Property Owner or his representatives shall be allowed access to Lochview Cottage at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy with the hirer having been given forewarning of arrival.
11. Included in the Let. All use of Electric, Linen and towels are included in the rental charge.
12. Smoking. Smoking is not allowed in Lochview Cottage. If this condition is breached, the owner will hold the hirer responsible and reserves the right to claim for any professional cleaning costs incurred.
13. Pets. Well behaved pets are most welcome, but not on the furniture please. Poop scoop bags are provided and it would be appreciated if the pet owners take the time to clean up after their pets in the interest of the next occupants. The owner will hold the hirer responsible and reserves the right to claim for any professional cleaning or damage repair costs incurred. Please remember that this is a rural farming environment and keep animals under control at all times. The cottage has enclosed grounds, so please keep the gate closed to keep your animals safe and prevent farm animals entering the property.
14. Motor Car and Personal Belongings. Baggage and personal belongings are at the Hirer’s risk at all times, and no responsibility can be accepted for loss of or damage to any vehicle, its contents and other personal belongings. Parking is in the property drive and not on the private road
15.Caring for your Safety. Every reasonable effort has been made to mitigate possible safety hazards in the property. However, it is guests responsibility (particularly parents with young children) to inspect the property and grounds immediately on arrival and note any possible hazards. Check the layout of your holiday property so that in an emergency you can get out quickly and easily. Please remember that older properties were built before the days of minimum ceiling/door heights.
16. Cancellation and Insurance. If the hirer wishes to cancel the booking for any reason within 6 weeks of the start of the holiday, he should advise the owner immediately by telephone or e-mail. Upon receipt of such correspondence, (but without any obligation to the hirer), the owner will attempt to obtain a replacement letting, and if such a letting is obtained, the owner will then refund to the hirer any monies paid. If the owners are unable to re-let, then the owners shall be entitled to retain all payments already made the owner advises guests to arrange cancellation insurance with the insurer of their choice.
17. If you have any cause of complaint during your holiday at Lochview Cottage, please notify the owner who will make all reasonable efforts to assist and resolve the issue. The owner will not normally make any refund or recompense in respect of a complaint made after departure, if the complaint was not made known to the owner during the holiday rental period.
18. Data protection and Privacy. Information provided on Booking Forms will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for any other purpose.